Monday, January 23, 2012

The Walls are Still Talking!

Today, I took out the floor of the little shoe closet
and retrieved the rest of the stuff that was
trapped between the 1st floor and the basement.
To explain just a little - there is about a 3 ft. gap
between the floor of this little closet to the
top of the heat duct in the basement.  A gap
in the back of the bottom shelf allowed
items to drop below, only to be found
again many years later when a remodel project occurred.

The is the last item laying on the bottom - a
little mirror, plus lots of dust.  I did
finally get the mirror out without breaking it.

Found:  A jump rope handle, ear muffs,
a wrench, and a cough drop box.

This box  was from nylons, most likely
bought at Rorvig's Store in Dalton.

Someone's math project.

A National Bellas Hess magazine.

Inside of National Bellas Hess

Family Circle - 1951 - only 5 cents!

Inside of Family Circle Magazine.

I also found some pens, a button, wrapping paper
for a bridal shower, a baby card offering congratulations
on the new baby girl (signed by Gunda),  a swatch
of red/black wool plaid, roller pick and much dust!
I did not  find any money, however.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I enlarged the top photo, I noticed a penny, some crayons at the bottom, and what looks to be another coin...so I guess I DID find some money!