Friday, January 20, 2012

Visions & Dreams

Many years ago, I was visiting with my Dad
and he told me about a vision that he had.
He said he didn't tell too many people about the vision;
people might think he was "crazy."
And he stressed to me that he was awake
and that it was not a dream.

He had the same vision on two separate occasions:

There was a beautiful river, beautiful landscape.
On the other side of the river, sitting on the bank
 was a man with long hair.
The man smiled at Dad.
Dad said that it wasn't his smile, but the eyes of this man
that he remembered so vividly.
The man's eyes were very sharp,
but at the same time, they were very kind.
Dad was sure the man was very wise,
and he felt very comforted by his presence.
Dad believed that the man in his vision
was Jesus.

Dad said he was not afraid, and he would welcome
another such vision.
[I don't know if he had another one or not.]

Some years later, I read several accounts of
visions by others, and the description given
was almost word-for-word as Dad had
said to me.

[This vision was about  8 years before Dad's death in 1991.]

No comments: