Friday, February 10, 2012

Bathroom Project!!!

Here is the old bath-tub - 64 years old - both tub & faucets
were in very poor condition!

Since this is an old home, I wanted to stick
with the vintage style and had an old
claw-foot tub installed that had been resurfaced,
plus NEW faucets, which includes a hand shower!

The old linen closet took up too much space.

The new linen closeth - the handles are yet to be put on.
Takes up less space, and is more efficient storage.

The 64 year old medicine cabinet - this was
made by my Dad and it will be kept (someplace else)

The new medicine cabinet.   The plan is to
find a different light for above it - this one
is temporary since I didn't want to spend a lot
of money until I find exactly what I like.

View looking into old bathroom - While it doesn't look
great, this picture makes it look a lot better
than it actually was!


Looking in on finished bathroom - I added the
bead board to give it the more vintage look
and of course, new linoleum. 
Here is how it looked after taking out the old
cast iron bathtub!


The chimney and space where the clothes chute
and old linen closet were located.

So GLAD this is done!  As usual in any
remodel, there were set-backs, goof-ups,
and what-have-you!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

This looks so nice!!!

Synova said...

Aww... no picture of the laundry chute down to the basement? When I was a kid that was magical.

Did you switch the hot and cold water to their proper side of the sink?

;-)

Lolly said...

Julie -
Unfortunately, the clothes chute had to be removed to make a little more room - I will miss it, but I think the end result is the same. If you look on my earlier posts, you will see some of the stuff found behind the clotheschute.
And yes, the hot & cold water are now in their proper places! :)

Lolly said...

Oops - I meant to say, "the end result is worth it..."