Sunday, July 10, 2011

On the Drive Home

Today I took Lee down to the cities so he
can fly back to San Francisco tomorrow.

I left for home around 6:30 and was
making good time.
I was somewhere between Avon & Sauk Centre
when things began to change. . .
The sky was ominously dark, and there was lightning,
Then it started to rain. . .
Not just rain, mind you!
It was torrential!
And then the wind started,
Not just wind, mind you,
but strong, strong winds!!
I, along with many, many others pulled over
to the side of the freeway.
The car shook from the wind-
I was wondering if a tornado came if I
would be picked up and dropped somewhere in Kansas.
The rain was so heavy it was impossible to see.
 As I sat there, I thought to myself,
"There is no traffic coming from the other side,"
This concerned me somewhat.
After about 20 minutes, I decided it had
let up a little bit and the sky was
looking a little brighter,
so I started off again.
When I got to Sauk Centre I noticed
several large billboards were blown out.
There were twigs & leaves around
and lots of water!
I called Lee and told him of my "ordeal"
and he told me that there were tornado warnings
for Stearns County,
which is where I was sitting.
But I made it safely and it was a good day
in spite of the weather.

No comments: