Wednesday, July 13, 2011

How Did this Happen??

On Sunday, I was heading home from Pam's.
I had left Lee there so he could catch his
flight back to San Francisco on Monday.

When I got to Buffalo, I decided to put gas on my car.
I felt I had enough to get home, but for some reason,
I just thought, "may as well get gas."

I filled up the tank and went on my way.
Once I had passed St. Cloud I noticed
ominous clouds to the west.
Someplace between Albany & Sauk Centre
the weather turned wicked enough so that I pulled over.
The winds were fierce and the rains were torrential,
to say the least.

Eventually I was able to continue on home with
no further problem.
On Tuesday, I took my car to Fergus,
to go to Wal-Mart.
When I got out of the store,
I opened my trunk to put my groceries in.
As I opened the trunk, the gas cap
slid to the ground.

Now, how did this happen?
I got gas in Buffalo, 160 miles from home!
I suppose I must have neglected to put the
gas cap back on after getting gas.
BUT...
I drove 65-70 miles per hour,
I was in the middle of a major storm,
and the gas cap didn't fall off?

Did the gas cap stay on the hood of the car, wedged on the
luggage rack (on the trunk)?
Doesn't seem possible, but maybe...
OR...
Was somebody tampering with my gas tank at Wal-Mart?
Had someone tried to siphon gas after I got home?
It didn't seem like my gas tank was emptier than
it should have been for the miles traveled.

I  guess this is just one of those weird,
unexplainable things.
But next time, I will double-check
to make sure
I have replaced the gas cap!

No comments: