Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Few of my Pet Peeves!

Here are a few words/phrases that simply annoy me:

Hot Water Heater
Really?   Why are you heating hot water?
Water Heater is sufficient.

Overhauls
What are you talking about?
Someone overhauling the engine on your car?
If you are referring to something to wear...
Let's say it together:
OVERALLS!

Real-a-tor?
Realtor, please.

Fisical
Every year, at the end of the
FISCAL year,
someone has to pronounce it like
they are having an exam at the doctor's office.

I would like for you to. . . .
I HATE this phrase!
Can't you just say,
"I would like you to. . . ."

What are some of your vocabulary annoyances???

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hot water heater gets me, too!! And you even hear it on commercials! Some others: "un-thaw", "ir-regardless", "as well too", "maintain-ance" (maintenance)...if I think of more, I'll be sure to come back. :)

Anonymous said...

I will add a few here every now & then. . .