Monday, October 24, 2011

Ladies Aid in Dalton, Minnesota 1922

Today I got this picture in the mail from a relative in southern Minnesota.
She thought I might be interested in it because on the back it says:
"Most of the people in Dalton, about 1922 or so, Ladies Aid."

I am thinking this would be the Ladies Aid of the
Zion Mission Society.
My relatives went to Sarpsborg at that time,
and I can't identify any of these people.
In 1922 my parents weren't even married;
they hadn't even met!
I don't know where this was taken;
it could be someplace in town.
Does anyone recognize any of the faces
or the house/buildings?
[click to enlarge]

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh! Even the ubiquitous Reverend Elias Berlie and his wife, Elie, are missing from this photo. Since he served most of the area churches from 1892 to 1937, he's usually front and center!

Anonymous said...

I wonder where he was?? We see them on a lot of pictures, even the one of our great grandma's b'day party with the Dahlager relatives!

Anonymous said...

By the way, I got this picture from your aunt Margaret.