Thursday, January 9, 2014

Leikvold's - Lakevolds


Say what you will about the internet, computers, Facebook. . .
Some very cool things have come out of this modern technology:
Not only have I "met" relatives through this blog,
I have received information about my ancestors
that I thought I would never know.
I have received pictures that I had never seen.
Like this one:
This is the Leikvold (Lakevold) family.
Back row is Betsy and Marit (Mary)
Front is my great grandmother Sigrid, Caroline, and Ole.

How cool is this!?
Thanks James for sharing this!

And these:


Pretty sure this is Marit - wonder if it is a
graduation or confirmation picture?

And Betsy

1 comment:

Micah2Heaven said...

I feel the same! Yes! I started with a name ...a mere bone. And now not only do I have such a tree! But many narratives that although not from my ancestors, illustrate some of the experiences that they would have had.
Enjoyed your emigration - ship passage blog! 4 months!
Thank you!