Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Jules


When I was working on my family history some time ago,
one of my great-grandpa's brothers was sort of a mystery.
His name was Trond Dahlager.
I knew he lived in Worth County, Iowa and
for a time, two of his children were living with
my great-grandparents.
I traced him as far as Brookings, South Dakota
and it ended there.

Now, thanks to a tip from another relative, I have
learned that Trond and his second wife had more
little Dahlagers.  [I assume his first wife died young.]

One of his children with his second wife was Jules Dahlager.

So of course I googled "Jules Dahlager"

I learned he was a painter in Alaska, and he was
called "one of the most beloved painters of Alaska."

I saw pictures of his wonderful paintings, and most of them
were thousands of dollars, so any thought of possibly buying
one of his paintings was definitely not in my budget.

So on to e-bay....there, I found a postcard with his painting on it!
And it was at a price I could afford.
So now I have a "painting" from my famous cousin.

By the way, there are a lot of talented artists in the
Dahlager family, so while it is not surprising to find another
artist in the family, to find a "famous painter" was just plain special.



2 comments:

claudiakastelleolson said...

Do you know any thing about Elsie Dahlager's parents?

Lolly said...

I do have information about grandma's parents. I can send to you if you like.
Lolly