Friday, November 1, 2013

Family Get-Togethers









This photo is of my Dahlager relatives on the occasion of
my great-grandmother's birthday -circa 1930
she is shown with her grandchildren and I suspect
some of these are her great-grandchildren.   What fun to
have these old pictures!  And I am so glad that the
Dahlager family were VERY good at taking pictures!



his photo was taken this past summer at a Melby Family reunion
when our relatives from Norway came to visit.  It was great fun!

Seems like we should have get-together more often, though.........
instead of waiting for funerals, or 80th birthday parties.
Seems like relatives and friends got together more oftenwhen I was young than they do now - 
and I think it's too bad that so many of us are too busy to take time for this.
When I was young, relatives visited on Sunday afternoon unannounced
....and Mom was always prepared!   
Sad to say, if someone pops to see me  tomorrow, 
I probably wouldn't have anything more than coffee
 and my house would not be "company ready"
Oh, how things have changed! 

No comments: