Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Other Postcard

Here is the other postcard that I bought on e-bay,
which unknown to me until I received it,
had been sent to my great aunt Amanda Dahlager.
"Greetings From Dalton, Minn."

It is very hard to read the back of the postcard.
I darkened it and tried to read it by enlarging it,
but  it just wasn't very read-able.  
Here is what I can make of it:

Addressed to:  Miss Manda Dahlager
RFD, Dalton

"Say, can't you and Nobel come over tonight and 
have some fun.  Be sure and come.
I suppose Ella...(can't read any more)...."
From friend,
Clara Clausen.

[Nobel was Amanda's brother, and
Ella was her sister.]

3 comments:

Zimmy's Place said...

Lolly, I think the other part is ... "I suppose Ella isn't at home. Must try to come."

Anonymous said...

You might be right!
Lolly

Unknown said...

Lolly,
my Dad asked me to have you get in touch with him at:

jwdizimm@windstream.net

They know your folks - and your grands, etc. They'd like to know more about Dorothy - your visitor from Iowa.