Friday, May 17, 2013

Syttende Mai

Today, Dalton had it's very first Syttende Mai parade.
We walked in a "parade", carrying Norwegian flags to recognize Constitution Day
in Norway - May 17. 

Seeing the flags on display around town gave me
a sense of pride for my Norwegian heritage.  
I couldn't help but think of my grandparents--
especially my grandma Elsie 
[the only grandparent still living by the
time I was born].

All in all, it was a pretty nice day.
We sang the Norwegian National Anthem....well okay, 
I didn't exactly do too well at that one, since it was in
Norwegian...but the Norwegian students made up for the rest of us.

   The happy birthday song to Greg Peterson [also in
Norwegian] was pretty neat.   
Theresa's viola music was great - I wonder 
if she would sometime play the one by Ole Bull that I like?
Maybe next year, Theresa?

I hope Syttende Mai becomes a tradition for our town.




No comments: