Saturday, February 5, 2011

Norway

 My daughter and I traveled to Norway a little more than 10 years ago.  What a trip!  My first flight, first out of the country (except for Canada) - a ton of firsts!   This is the base of the glacier that we actually climbed...yes, even I did...very reluctantly!    Did not have a digital camera at the time, but took a lot of pictures.
 Here I am - we are at the point where we will turn around and head back down,   We all went up roped together, wearing helmets, gloves, and cleats on the boots.
 I thought these homes were so cute with the grass roofs (thatched).
 One of the MANY waterfalls in Norway - beautiful sights!
 Bergen.
Viking ship and wagon in the museum at Oslo.


We rode on this road!    View is taken from high on the mountain.  All I could say was "Uff-dah!"

No comments: