Thursday, April 4, 2013

Mrs. Wisted

This is Mrs. Wisted.
This picture was in my Mom's things, and all I knew about this woman is that her name was "Mrs. Wisted, from up by Pelican Rapids."
Funny how things come to light sometimes!
Just last week, I was sorting out all these old, old photos - labeling those I could identify, and tossing some as well.    This one I put in the "keep pile", though I didn't know why.

The other day, I received a posting on my blog from someone that had some family
 connections to my Leikvold relatives.  Wow!  
We exchanged some information and photos, and indeed, our great grandfathers were brothers.

My new-found relative also mentioned something about a relative in 
Norwegian Grove Township.    Huh?    Seriously?   
I knew where Norwegian Grove Township is....it is "up by Pelican Rapids."
 I relayed my interest in this bit of news and told him about the picture  of 
"Mrs. Wisted, from up by Pelican Rapids."

My next e-mail from my distant relative
included a photo of Mrs. Wisted from Pelican Rapids!

 Mrs. Wisted DOES have a first name:  Sigri

And she DOES have a connection to the family:
She was a sister to Ole Leikvold (my great great grandfather)

So I guess I will keep the photo.
And label it.






1 comment:

Melissa said...

I think it's just amazing how much history you've accumulated of your family's lineage. Very interesting!