Friday, May 4, 2012

A Ghostly Story.....


"Mom, there's something banging over here!"
That was my call to my Mom when I was babysitting
over at the neighbors. I could hear knocking
and I was scared!
Mom didn't come over, she assured me it was just the wind...

But later I learned that when Mom and Dad lived in that very house
in the 1930's....
There were strange sounds occurring.
It went:  "Thump....thump-thump-thump thump"
No logical reason could be found for the noise
and it was strange, indeed.

Mom mentioned this noise to her sister Palma,
who also lived in that house some years before Mom & Dad.
Palma had heard the very same noise!

Then, many years later, in the late 1950's,
Mom mentioned the noise to the person 
living there - her name was Ella.

When Mom told her about the thumping noise,
Ella got the oddest expression on her face
and wouldn't talk about it.

Now there are new owners in the house 
70-some years after my parents lived there.
The new owner says the house is very noisy 
and they are convinced they have a ghost
who they call "Harry."

Besides the noise, they hear the floor creak
as if someone is walking across it...
Their bedroom door does not stay open,
so they put a door stop on it -
the door stop disappeared, so
they got another - that one also disappeared!
The basement door will suddenly open,
and I was told that many odd things happen over there.
Things have been unplugged from the electrical outlets,
and every now and then, they feel
someone sitting on the bed;
But of course no one is there!

Now I'm not saying I believe in ghosts,
but I have to admit some strange 
things happen!
It's not the wind!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Laurie, that is SO CREEPY!!! I'm going to have bad dreams now!!