Friday, March 4, 2011

My Grandfather Clock

My Dad put together a grandfather clock in 1970.  It was almost always in the same corner of the living room when Mom & Dad had it.   


Now I have the clock.   I have had it in the same spot as where Mom & Dad put it, but I am one who likes to rearrange furniture fairly often, and this sometimes includes the grandfather clock.   


I have had the clock in the dining room (two different spots) and in different spots in the living room, but this clock has a mind of its own.   It absolutely refuses to keep going in anyplace except in the living room corner where Mom & Dad had it the most.   Last week I tried (again) to put it in the dining room....dumb idea.    It started running, but after a few minutes, it decided to quit.  I adjusted the little things underneath to make it level; it tick-tocked for about 15 minutes and quit.   I have been adjusting, setting the time and starting it up again all week with no success. . .it seems to  tease me, going for a little while, and then suddenly, right in the middle of the swing of the pendulum,  it quits.  I tell you again, this clock has a mind of its own!  You would think I would learn!!!   Today, I moved it back to its favorite corner in the living room and it practically started running on its own!!   An hour later, the pendulum is still swinging.  

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That's almost creepy!