Friday, January 28, 2011

Kids & Faith

When  my oldest daughter was about 4 years old, she came home from Sunday School singing "Onward Christian Soldiers."   She got one of the lines slightly wrong when she sang, "Christ the Royal Manager"  (instead of Royal Master).    I'm thinking that line wasn't so wrong as one might think!

When my son was about 3 years old, we had a long spell of cloudy, rainy weather.   Everyday, he would look out the window and pray, "God, please make it sunny!"   After several days of this, he woke up one morning to see the sun shining.   He bolted out of bed, ran down the stairs and outside, shouting, "Thank you God, thank you, God! - A lesson we can all learn here!

When my youngest was baptized, I overheard her older brother (age 5) explaining the whole thing to her: He said to her, "Oh, Amy, you are so sweet.  You were babatized today.   You don't know who God is, but God knows you!"  

And one day, I called and called for Amy - and she didn't come...Finally, she came downstairs and I asked her what she had been doing, "Well," she said, "I was praising the Lord!"

It's fun to remember when the kids were little and some of the silly and not-so-silly things they said and did; there are definitely some great lessons we can learn from children!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

One of my kids calls it getting "bath-tized".
Glad to see your blog, Lolly!
I LOVE that you call it that, as that's what I grew up knowing your name to be.
My grandma always called you Lolly...